Some time ago I was tagged by a dear friend, Bia over at The Beautyfinds to do my second “11 things you did not know about me” post. So without further ranting here goes!
1. If you have an option to wear a certain makeup product/brand PERMANENTLY on your face (without any side effects, of course), what would that be?
This is the toughest question I’ve ever been asked, considering I am a bit of a brand hopper. Currently I am obsessed with Colourpop so of course that would be the one brand I’d love to wear all my life. However since they don’t have a complete range of makeup products (no foundations or primers yet 🙁 ) I’d have to say Kat Von D.
2. Which local or international celebrity carries ‘your’ fashion & beauty style?
When styling, I always try to be as original as possible. When it comes to beauty I have no idea if there’s any celebrity out there who carries my personal style. However, as a fashion idol I religiously follow the style of Olivia Palermo’s laid back ensembles.
3. Share one trait/habit/achievement of yours that you are immensely proud of?
It may come as a surprise to many but I am a bit of a maths geek and achieved a silver award in a UK Intermediate Maths competition while in highschool. Most of my peers barely made it to the bronze award despite being the top students in our grade so this is something I am very proud of!
4. If you could get a chance to meet some historical or family figure in a dream, what would you say/do?
If I got to meet my nana (maternal grandfather) I’d thank him because as a child he told everyone that I’d break the bounds of what’s expected and his words are what keep me going.
5. If you could eliminate a certain beauty habit or trend from the world, what would that be?
UGH! I wish people would STOP wearing socks with sandals and platforms. Socks are only acceptable with sports shoes or boots. It looks horrendous and it’s a definite “Sweetie, NO!”
6. What beauty product never worked for you, yet everybody else raves about it?
NARS “Orgasm” blush is highly raved about however, when I apply it I barely get any pigmentation and it looks like a highlighter. Definitely not a fave of mine.
7. What is the cheapest holy grail product of yours?
Jordana Matte lipsticks! They’re super cheap and have superb pigmentation! What’s there not to love?
8. What beauty habit of your mother/grandmother have been passed on to you?
My mother always applied navy blue or brown eyeliner rather than black and I find myself option for dark brown eyeliners or playing with a bit of colour. Also, my grandmother always uses blush and lipstick when heading out. I do the same rather than applying on a full face of makeup.
9. What career or life aspirations from your childhood were so absurd that you laugh on them now?
I was always confused as to what I wanted to pursue as a career. Sometimes I’d want to go into medicine and be a doctor even though I passed out during a biology practical during my IGCSEs. God knows why I even considered medicine when I cannot stand the sight of organs and blood.
10. What the best/most favorite act of charity for you?
I have a soft spot for street children. I have a young friend who I meet frequently as she sells flowers near my house. I always give her water and occasionally a lipstick or a nail polish. It’s always good to know what people in need desire rather than just handing them money and the smile on their face always makes the world seem like a better place.
11. What is the dark-side of beauty blogging?
Beauty blogging does not really have a dark side. However, sometimes brands and PR agencies tend to miss out on fellow bloggers and as hurtful as it is for them, I feel it too. This creates a feeling of withdrawal as it is quite unfair.
So for my 11 questions I’d like to nominate:
- Sana of Sana’s Ramblings.
- Farah of Impatient Person.
- Anam of B with Beauty Numz.
- Nida of Nida’s Beauty Bag.
- Umaima of Dudettes Talk.
- Sara of The Confession Closet.
- SJ and GB of The Glam World. (BOTH!)
My questions for you dolls are:
- What is your ultimate favourite brand for beauty products, be it local or international?
- Which is the one lipstick you cannot imagine life without?
- Eyeliner or Kajal? Which would you skip if you could? Why?
- Share any DIY beauty remedy that works for you.
- Who is the one fashionista you turn to for inspiration?
- Straight hair or curly hair? If neither what hairdo is your go-to?
- What is the one crazy beauty trend you’d like to try out?
- What products do you use for your daily makeup look?
- Which is your all-time favourite book or author? If you’re not much of a reader, which is your favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite snack for when you have the munchies?
- Boots, heels or pumps?