Urban Decay is known for its superb eyeshadow palettes and for every beauty enthusiast out there, the Naked palettes are definitely a holy grail. With 3 palettes already out there since quite a while, the brand recently launched their Naked Smoky palette, the ideal 12 eyeshadows to create multiple smoky eye makeup looks. Nine of the eyeshadows are new while only three are from older palettes.
The sleek, marble-like packaging of the eyeshadow palette is gorgeous. Kudos to Urban Decay for playing around with their packaging and creating the illusion of smoke in the background. However, unlike the other Naked palettes this one was made of plastic as opposed to metal which was a no no for me as it gets easily scratched and is more prone to wearing out as compared to the others.
The Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette consists of 6 shimmery eyeshadows and 6 matte eyeshadows that can be used to create tons of fabulous makeup looks.
The double ended brush has a tapered side which is great for applying shadows on the lid. The pointy side is meant for smudging and detailing on the crease.
Why I love it:
- Superb pigmentation.
- No fall out at all!
- “High” can be used as a highlighter as well. I use it almost everyday to highlight the inner corners of my eyes.
- The variety of shimmery and matte shades make this an all rounder. The matte shades are ideal for day time looks while the more shimmery ones are ideal for evening looks be it a dramatic smokey eye or even a casual pin up look.
- The brush is of high quality.
- Great value for money. You get 12 1.3g eyeshadows for $54 while their individual 1.5g eyeshadows retail for $19 each. That’s superb value for money.
Why I dislike it:
- The plastic packaging is not my fave and I wish they would have played around with a new metallic packaging.
- I wish the pans were slightly wider as sometimes the product gets all over the packaging.
Playing around with the palette:
What do you think of Urban Decay’s Naked Palettes?