Did you know that your skin starts ageing as early as 24?! I most certainly did not. Recently as part of their skin awareness campaign, L’Oréal Paris was kind enough to send us tons of information about caring for your skin as well as an eye cream to try out as part of our skincare regime.
The Truth About ageing:
“The process of ageing happens when proteins such as collagen and elastin in the dermis (the second layer of our skin) start diminishing, resulting in loss of firmness and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles”.
Here are some simple tips from L’Oréal Paris Expert & Skin Esthetician to care for your skin and keep it healthy and young:
- Less water, more wrinkles. Keep hydrated.
- Less exposure to sunlight, less wrinkles. Protect your skin.
- More sleep, less wrinkles. Respect your skin.
- More Stress, more wrinkles. Exercise to let it all out.
- More healthy food, less wrinkles. Eat Smart.
Moving on to the ” Revitalift Eye Contour Care” cream…
What L’Oréal Claims:
“The Elasti-Flex is an advanced complex that multiplies and reinforces the fiber network of elastin* in order to give it more bounce. The skin’s support network becomes denser* for a more elastic and extra-firm skin.
Pro-Retinol A is a powerful anti-wrinkle active ingredient known to stimulate skin cell regeneration.*
- Immediately, the eye contour is well hydrated ad toned: +26%**
- In 4 weeks, wrinkles and crow’s feet are visibly reduced: -37%***
Action: Anti-wrinkle + Firming.
Tested under Opthalmological control.
*In vitro test. **Instrumental test on 40 women. ***Clinical test on 37 Women.”
Rs. 1,399 – L’Oreal Paris Pakistan
Why I love it:
- Instantly moisturises the under eye area.
- Light and not greasy at all.
- I did notice my under eye area looked considerably more toned.
- Fine lines around the outer corner of my eye appear more firm.
Why I dislike it:
- I don’t really have much of an eye contour issue so I would not ideally go for an eye contour cream.
- Slightly pricey for the quantity you get.
I love L’Oréal Paris’ new Revitalift range however since I do not have any visible wrinkles or fine lines (I am just 20….) I cannot really say much about the effectiveness of the cream. I wish they had a range of products that catered to younger skin.
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me as a PR sample however all views and opinions expressed are unbiased and true.